Changelog 6.5 PATCH 2
This page contains information about the following patch published for Sense/Net ECM Enterprise Edition:
- version before the patch: 188.8.131.5204
- version after the patch: 184.108.40.20622
Release date: 9th December, 2015
Please note that patches, upgrades and other packages are published only for the Enterprise Edition. Community customers may perform the upgrade manually after the next community release.
Installing the patch
To install this patch, please follow the following steps.
SnAdmin folder and configuration
Make sure that you have a complete SnAdmin folder in your web folder and the configuration (connection string, paths of other web folders in NLB system) is correct (especially for the SnAdminRuntime.exe tool in the Tools folder). Please read that article carefully about executing a package - for example when to stop and start the web site, how to configure the tool.
Execute the package
This patch contains the following package. You should copy it to the SnAdmin folder and execute it (the SnAdmin tool is inside the Admin\bin folder):
It is highly advisable to make a complete backup before executing a patch to make sure that no information gets lost.
Update task management web app
With this patch a new version of Task Management is published (version 1.0.1). Please update the following components from the SenseNet.TaskManagement-patch-220.127.116.11-18.104.22.168.zip file:
- update task management libraries in the web folder of the Task Management web application
- update the task agent and service files in agent machines (by default these are in the web\TaskManagement folder of the task management web app)
Copy task executors
You will have to update task executor tools manually on agent machines. Sense/Net ECM deploys the new versions of these tools into the web\TaskManagement\TaskExecutors folder. E.g. Aspose preview generator's libraries and a new empty.png image in the file system that you can customize.
Check the results
In this section we list all the important new features, bug fixes and breaking changes that were made in the product since the release of the previous patch. To check previous change logs, please visit the following article:
Feature previews of the next major version
We started working on the next major version of Sense/Net ECM, codenamed SN7 :). We document the process on our blog. You will start to see small changes in the backend here and there, if you look closely at the source code. We decided to make these changes gradually to be able to release patches for 6.x versions as long as it is possible. In this patch we made the following modifications:
- action link button HTML can be customized using a template under your skin (see details in a blog post).
- page templates also can be stored inside a skin (for the first steps and future plans see the Skin system revamp blog post).
- New permission queries were added (server-side methods with their corresponding OData APIs) to aid one-page applications: GetAllowedUsers, GetParentGroups
- Task Management
- Task Monitor page connects to the Sense/Net ECM portal instead of accessing the Task Management web application directly. This lets you hide that application from the public domain for security reasons.
- Task finalizers will get a more detailed log about what went wrong on the task executor if a task fails.
- Preview generation will not fail if a single page fails, only a warning message will be logged and the image will be replaced by a customizable empty image.
- We upgraded Aspose libraries to the newest versions. This solved a couple of issues previously encountered with generating preview images.
- New step was added: AddMembers for modifying group membership.
- We added a new SQL view (called PermissionInfoVew) to our database that gives you an overview of the permission settings in the whole system.
- We went further with the warning-elimination in this release and also changed all of the NotImplemented exceptions: we throw SnNotSupportedException instead.
For portal builders
- New options are available for using template parameters in a Content Query, e.g. referring to the next or previous month, workday or year, or even using simple arithmetic expressions, e.g. @@CurrentDate.AddDays(3)@@. Query Builder is also extended with these new possibilities.
- Portlet output can be cached by the request's host (e.g. example.com). This will be useful in case you want more control over how content links appear in your articles.
- Breadcrumb portlet
- The portlet lets you define a content type blacklist. All of the containers of these types will be skipped when displaying the breadcrumb.
- The StartBindTarget property became obsolete. You should use the standard bind target (similarly to all other context bound portlets) to define the top level item.
- The last item is rendered as link only if the CurrentElementAsLink property is set to true.
- For developers
- Template replacer class hierarchy has changed: all replacers should inherit from the TemplateReplacerBase (or one of its derived classes). If you have a custom replacer (e.g. a replacer for content queries inheriting from PortalLucQueryTemplateReplacer) in your code, please change the base class to PortalContentQueryTemplateReplacer (see details in the articles linked above).
- Document viewer
- Thumbnail aspect ratio is corrected in case of non-standard image sizes, e.g. portrait pptx files.
- The enableautofilters parameter works correctly (a bug that was introduced in the previous patch).
- The password hash of the user was not re-generated (incorrectly) if the CreationDate did not change.
- We changed the user email regular expression to accept longer domain names that are more common nowadays.
- There are many cases in our source code where a certain feature needs to access the parent of a content. In some of these cases, when the currently logged in user does not have to have access to the parent content, we have to use elevation to load those content.
- Files can be downloaded as a pdf only if the file is not a pdf itself or the user does not have Open permission for the file (the latter was not possible before). Otherwise the common Browse action should be used to download the file.
- There is a maintenance mechanism for cleaning up 'orphaned' workflows from the database. All workflows that are disconnected from the Content Repository are considered orphaned, because we cannot track and predict their behavior.
- Skin names can contain the '-' character from now on.
- The customized Office Save as dialog in Word did not work in some cases which prevented users from entering certain folders.
- ScriptRequest and CssRequest controls work correctly even if the owner portlet is cached.
- Aspect fields are available on a ContentLink item (they were missing before).
- Adding new aspects to a content works correctly, even if the aspect to add is already connected to the content.
- In some cases it is necessary to update the modification date of a content even if the change happened during a maintenance scenario (e.g. import). A good example is an ascx or aspx file that needs to be recompiled by ASP.NET after a patch changed the content of the control or page. So we will make exceptions in case of these kinds of files, and refresh their modification date even if it was the administrator who changed them.
- The SecurityHandler.HasPermission static method returns false if the provided user object is null, instead of throwing a nullreference exception.
3rd party plugins
For the list of 3rd party plugins used in this release, please visit the following article:
Differences between Community and Enterprise editions
For the list of the differences between Community and Enterprise editions in this release, please visit the following article: