Changelog 6.5 PATCH 5
This page contains information about the following patch published for Sense/Net ECM Enterprise Edition:
- version before the patch: 220.127.116.1155
- version after the patch: 18.104.22.16837
Release date: June 16, 2016
Please note that patches, upgrades and other packages are published only for the Enterprise Edition.
Community customers may perform the upgrade manually after the next community release.
Installing the patch
To install this patch, please follow the following steps.
SnAdmin folder and configuration
Make sure that you have a complete SnAdmin folder in your web folder and the configuration (connection string, paths of other web folders in NLB system) is correct (especially for the SnAdminRuntime.exe tool in the Tools folder). Please read that article carefully about executing a package - for example when to stop and start the web site, how to configure the tool.
Execute the package
This patch contains the following package. You should copy it to the SnAdmin folder and execute it (the SnAdmin tool is inside the Admin\bin folder):
It is highly advisable to make a complete backup before executing a patch to make sure that no information gets lost.
Copy task executors
You will have to update task executor tools manually on agent machines. Sense/Net ECM deploys the new versions of these tools into the web\TaskManagement\TaskExecutors folder. Please copy over all files/libraries (you may have to preserve or merge configuration files if you made any modifications).
Check the results
In this section we list all the important new features, bug fixes and breaking changes that were made in the product since the release of the previous patch. To check previous change logs, please visit the following article:
This patch contains a custom step for migrating old Active Directory synchronization config file to the new settings format. It is executed automatically at the end of the patch, you do not have to do anything manually. Please review the migrated settings and enable the feature again when ready.
- A new pageable ListGrid was made that is able to display a huge number of users in the IMS folder based on OData and Kendo UI.
AD to Portal sync
Active Directory Synchronization is a widely used feature in Sense/Net ECM. As more of our clients start to import users from AD to the portal, we needed a tool that is a lot faster than the old one and communicates with the portal in a more modern way, through our OData REST API.
Please note that as the new AD sync tool is a task executor, it will be available only in the Enterprise Edition from now on, because the whole Task Management feature is Enterprise-only. For details, see the following article:
- A new Cryptographic API was created to let developers securely store short string values in the Content Repository. AD to Portal sync uses it for encoding passwords stored in settings.
- The SenseNet.Tools library has been extended with a new tracing category for events.
- A new library called SenseNet.Client has been added that makes connecting to the Content Repository through the OData REST API a lot easier.
- A Settings can be marked as Global-only. This means it can be created only in the global Settings folder (e.g. ADSync related Settings)
- moment.js has been upgraded to version 2.13.0
- Security component gets the SQL command timeout and security monitor period time configured in SenseNet.
- New OData actions were added for editing and deleting content list fields (EditField, DeleteField). It is also possible to perform these operations using common OData entity requests with the corresponding HTTP method (PATCH or DELETE).
- PermissionInfoView now contains information about permission inheritance breaking.
- The substringof OData function is implemented correctly (known issue: negation does not work yet). The previous implementation expected parameters in a wrong order, we had to switch the parameters of this method. See an example here.
- If you are using AD to Portal sync, you will have to check the migrated settings in the Content Repository and enable the feature again.
- Site's Cross site access field became enabled by default.
- Video files with mp4 extension are streamed correctly with a new IHttpHandler.
- LINQ to Sense/Net content loader uses buffered batch loading instead of getting content one by one from the db.
- Importing global Settings are not skipped if the source path is passed as relative path (e.g. "Root").
- Copy and Move operations now are throwing NodeAlreadyExistsException instead of ApplicationException when the target folder contains another content with the same name.
- Several system folders (e.g. Skins, Renderers) became also accessible through webdav (beside simple files and folders). Well-known system folders (such as (apps), Settings, Views, etc) are still excluded to avoid too much clutter in Windows Explorer.
- When a request is made to a non-existing application along with a context, the result will be a 404 response instead of an error.
- Associating notification events and subscriptions are not case sensitive anymore.
- Circular membership check has been removed from group save, it is possible to compose such group memberships.
- Preview images are excluded when re-indexing a subtree. Exclusion is implemented on a database level.
- The Security component initial load mechanism has been redesigned to build the in-memory entity cache in a more effective way. This speeds up the startup process of the system.
- Content List View menu lists all available views, not just the ones inherited from the File type.
We are working on the next major version of Sense/Net ECM: SN7. We document the process on our blog. These are just a few examples of the changes that we are making under the hood to prepare for that:
- New field control templates (and their corresponding REST APIs) are being created for our modern skins
3rd party plugins
For the list of 3rd party plugins used in this release, please visit the following article:
Differences between Community and Enterprise editions
For the list of the differences between the Community and the Enterprise editions in this release, please visit the following article: