Changelog 6.5 PATCH 6
This page contains information about the following patch published for Sense/Net ECM Enterprise Edition:
- version before the patch: 18.104.22.16837
- version after the patch: 22.214.171.12442
Release date: June 29, 2016
Please note that patches, upgrades and other packages are published only for the Enterprise Edition.
Community customers may perform the upgrade manually after the next community release.
Installing the patch
To install this patch, please follow the following steps.
SnAdmin folder and configuration
Make sure that you have a complete SnAdmin folder in your web folder and the configuration (connection string, paths of other web folders in NLB system) is correct (especially for the SnAdminRuntime.exe tool in the Tools folder). Please read that article carefully about executing a package - for example when to stop and start the web site, how to configure the tool.
Execute the package
This patch contains the following package. You should copy it to the SnAdmin folder and execute it (the SnAdmin tool is inside the Admin\bin folder):
It is highly advisable to make a complete backup before executing a patch to make sure that no information gets lost.
Copy task executors
You will have to update task executor tools manually on agent machines. Sense/Net ECM deploys the new versions of these tools into the web\TaskManagement\TaskExecutors folder. Please copy over all files/libraries (you may have to preserve or merge configuration files if you made any modifications).
Check the results
In this section we list all the important new features, bug fixes and breaking changes that were made in the product since the release of the previous patch. To check previous change logs, please visit the following article:
No migration is needed, but please be aware that due to the new SnTrace categories, we updated the Logging settings in this patch. If you did not use it, you do not have to do anything. But if you did, you will have to switch ON any trace categories manually that were switched on before.
The most important feature of this release is query speedup. It allows developers and portal builders to construct queries that run a lot faster in an environment under heavy load (when a lots of users are creating new content). An there is another new mechanism that translates existing queries into SQL queries in the background (if possible) automatically to take off load from the web servers (Lucene index actually) and use SQL Server instead (which has way more resources in the current architecture).
It's time for a spring cleanup! We started to remove unused and unnecessary parts of the codebase. As a result a couple of old projects (command line tools) have been completely removed from our solution. You do not have to worry about them, they were not supported or were obsolete for a long time and the patch removes them automatically. We will continue to remove obsolete APIs in the near future to reduce our build-time warnings to zero. The goal is to have a high quality code base that can be measured and monitored using automatic tools in the build system.
- Deleted projects: Benchmark, BenchmarkTool, Chello, ClusterMessageConsole, ConcurrencyTester, DigestEventNotifier, IntegrityChecker
No known API breaking changes in this patch.
- Index populator loads index documents correctly and does not skip content items.
- Number field control in browse mode does not throw an exception if a textbox is not presented in the field control template.
- The user does not have to have permissions for the workspace when deleting something into the Trash. We will store the workspace id and path correctly, regardless of the user's permissions.
- Wall portlet
- The portlet does not throw an exception if there is not enough permissions for the users displayed on the wall. The default avatar image is displayed instead.
- The portlet could not handle workspaces with a space in their names. Now it is possible to post on these kinds of workspaces.
- Document links are preserved correctly in wall posts.
- User grid
- Row selection for batch actions (Delete, Move) works correctly in the new user grid.
- User grid action back urls (New and other toolbar urls) will lead back to the original Explore page instead of the parent's browse page.
- The main checkbox in the grid header works the same way as in other grids: checks in and out all checkboxes in the grid.
- AD sync
- the separator is saved correctly in the property mappings section.
- Second sort statement is compiled to ThenBy instead of OrderBy LINQ method in ODataFormatter.
We are working on the next major version of Sense/Net ECM: SN7. We document the process on our blog. These are just a few examples of the changes that we are making under the hood to prepare for that:
- New field control templates (and their corresponding REST APIs) are being created for our modern skins
3rd party plugins
For the list of 3rd party plugins used in this release, please visit the following article:
Differences between Community and Enterprise editions
For the list of the differences between the Community and the Enterprise editions in this release, please visit the following article: