Tagging for System operators
OverviewContent Repository, too. When somebody tags a content, tag will not be saved in Content Repository just when an administrator synchronizes the missing ones.
Enable/disable tagging on contents
By default tagging is disabled on contents. There are 2 ways to enable it.
Content type definiton
For enabling tagging on a specified content type just add the following field to its content type definiton:
<Field name="IsTaggable" type="Boolean"> <Title>Is Taggable</Title> <Description>Enable tagging capability for content.</Description> <Configuration> <DefaultValue>true</DefaultValue> </Configuration> </Field>
In Content Explorer
For enabling tagging on a specified content just check its IsTaggable checkbox on contents datasheet in Content Explorer.
The following picture shows how to enable tagging on a car content:
With Tag admin Portlet you can administrate all tags in the portal. The following picture shows how it looks like:
In this section you can see the tags stored in Content Repository. They can be displayed ordered by following properties:
- Created By
- Creation Date
- Modification Date
- Reference Count
- Black Listed
You can administrate a tag by clicking on corresponding links.
- Title: Shows all contents containing the given tag. See more: Tag Search Application
- Edit: You can modify the tag using the standard Edit App. All the related contents will be updated.
- Delete: You can delete any tag. Deleting the tag removes it from all the related contents.
- Add to blacklist: You can mark the tags as blacklisted to prevent it from using unwanted expressions on contents. Adding a tag to the blacklist will remove it from all contents where it was added.
In the following specification entity means when a tag content is saved in Content Repository.
- Created By: Creator of tag entity.
- Creation Date: Creation date of tag entity.
- Modification Date: Modification date of tag entity.
- Reference Count: Shows that how many contets contains the corresponding tag in the system. If it is zero and tag is not balcklisted, Sync tags button will delete the tag entity.
Create new tag
You can add new tags to Content Repository manually. It is useful when you want to add some expressions to blacklist before somebody adds them to a content. You can add more than one tags simultaneously separated by space.
See more: Tag Manager
When somebody adds a new tag to a content it won't be stored in Content Repository but on content. For enabling administrating functionalities for new tags you have to save them to Content Repository using synchronization. Pressing Sync Tags button saves unsaved tags to Content Repository and removes unused ones excluding blacklisted items.
See more: Tag Manager