Changelog 6.3.1 PATCH 1
This page contains information about the following patch published for Sense/Net ECMS Enterprise Edition:
- version before the patch: 6.3.1 (full version number found on libraries: 126.96.36.19939)
- version after the patch: 188.8.131.5238
Please note that patches, upgrades and other packages are published only for the Enterprise Edition. Community customers may perform the upgrade manually after the next comunity release.
Installing the patch
To install this patch, please follow the following steps.
SnAdmin folder and configuration
Make sure that you have a complete SnAdmin folder next to your website and the configuration (connection string, paths of other web folders in NLB system) is correct. Please read that article carefully about executing a package - for example when to stop and start the web site, how to configure the tool.
Examine the package
If you open the packages (there are two of them) you can see that they contain a couple of changes that may need your attention.
- updated versions of the task management-related libraries and executables. If you do not have a TaskManagement folder in your web folder:
- solution: create the following folder structure: <WebSite>\TaskManagement\TaskExecutors\AsposePreviewGenerator.
- a new version of the GenericContent CTD. If you changed it on your portal, you need to do the following:
- solution: update the GenericContent CTD inside the package to contain your additions
- configuration changes: if you already made these changes manually before, please remove the corresponding steps from the package or remove them from your config files:
- web.config: file handler for the msg file type
- SyncAD2Portal.exe.config: assembly binding for Microsoft.Owin libraries.
- SyncPortal2AD.exe.config: assembly binding for Microsoft.Owin libraries.
In future versions you will need to review and modify these packages less and less, as our package steps evolve.
Execute the package
This patch actually contains two packages. You should copy them to the SnAdmin folder and execute them one after the other:
SnAdmin snent-patch-184.108.40.20639-6838-1 SnAdmin snent-patch-220.127.116.1139-6838-2
You may encounter the following errors when executing the packages. Please examine the log file after an unsuccessful execution and try to resolve the errors manually.
- incorrect Edition name: if you installed the Enterprise Edition of Sense/Net from source package, it is possible that the Edition name in the database is Unofficial instead of Enterprise. If the package execution error says so, please open the database in SQL Manamagent Studio and execute the following SQL script:
UPDATE Packages SET Edition = 'Enterprise' WHERE PackageType = 'Product'
- missing TaskManagement folder: please see the solution in the 'Examine the package' section above.
Update Task agents
If you are using the Task Management framework in distributed mode, there is no automatic way for updating the TaskManagement folder on separate agent machines, you will have to do that manually. You should do the following:
- stop the task agent service
- overwrite the dlls and executables with the new ones found in the <website>\TaskManagement folder
- restart the service
Check the results
You can review the log files created for the execution or after restarting the website you may review the results of the GetVersionInfo OData action.
In this article we list all the important new features, bug fixes and breaking changes that were made in the product since the release of the previous version or patch. To check previous changelogs, please visit the following article:
- Take lock over C# and OData API were added to let developers change the user who checked out (locked) a content.
- Text extractors are configurable: you can create your custom text extractors based on the file extension - e.g. create a custom extractor for eml files.
- In elevated mode (when the developer switches the current user to the system account) any content can be saved, even if it is checked out by another user.
- The WebDav provider feature lets developers customize what users see and can do with files and folders stored in the Content Repository through the WebDav interface in Windows Explorer.
- Saving state is a searchable field from now on to let portal builders display contents based on their status.
- Preview image generation: image resolution is configurable. The default is 300; by choosing a smaller value it is possible to reduce preview image file size.
- The Detailed logger feature provides more detailed information for operators and developers about events happening under the hood.
- If a content is saved in elevated mode, the modification date and user is not changed except if the corresponding properties are written explicitly.
- Extracting text from PDF files is performed using the Aspose tool instead of an IFilter. This new text extractor (called AsposeTextExtractor) is available only in the Enterprise Edition.
- When setting the culture info for the current thread, the calendar is changed to the first optional calendar if the particular culture does not support the full date range.
- Sense/Net Wiki workspace tools that handles wiki links works correctly with safe queries.
- Renaming a user will rename its profile too.
- Owin library references and redirects were missing from the Ad sync configuration files.
- The OpenPop library from now on handles messages sent to live/hotmail/outlook.com email addresses correctly.
- Versionig is not applied to preview folders and images. If the user has the appropriate permissions, he can download a pdf version of a document or print it directly from the browser.
- Creating a content through a regular OData POST method means we encode the name properly, same as in case of the Upload action.
- OData handler can understand ids and paths as well when saving a reference field.
- Missing file handler for msg (message) types were added to the web.config to let users download them correctly.
- Direct SQL queries (e.g. when loading preview images for a document) will load content with unicode characters in their names correctly.
- Breadcrumb portlet uses the portlet context instead of the portal context as an endpoint. This enables portal builders to have a breadcrumb that omits the less important helper subcontainers in a workspace or list.
- Users may modify their own user content without having to have any permission on the parent container.