Registration workflow sample
For more information about workflows please check the main Workflow article.
1. Start the registration process
When users need to register to the site, they are redirected to the registration page:
On this page a form is displayed (by the Workflow start Portlet) and when the user fills the fields and clicks on the Register button, the registration process starts. The following will happen:
- A task will be created for confirmation. The task has a GUID name and is accessible for visitors. The folder is defined in the workflow and is not accessible for browsing.
- The user receives an email with a link pointing to the task above.
2. Confirming the registration
When the user clicks on the link in the email (that was sent in the previous step) he/she will be redirected to the task on the portal. The task will be completed immediately and the registration is considered as confirmed. The next workflow step:
- A task will be created to the administrator (the admin user is defined in the workflow) to approve the registration.
3. Approving the registration
The administrator received a task to approve (or reject) the registration. This workflow is designed to contain a human interaction, but it is possible to make the process completely automatic.
When the admin approves the registration (clicks on the Approve button), the new User content will be created in the IMS (that stands for Identity Management System) folder. The container of the new user is defined in the workflow.
The new user will be activated immediately and is able to log in to the portal (with the initial password that was given on the registration form).