Trash - for Portal Builders
The Trash Bin is a built-in feature of Sense/Net ECMS. Visit the main the Trash Bin article to see all aspects of this feature. This page explains how can you customize your trash bin as a portal builder.
When you delete something into the trash than the content will be wrapped into a special container called the Trash Bag, and will be moved to a central place called the Trash Bin. The path of the trash in the repository is the following:
The Smart Application Model works the usual way with the Trash Bin and Trash Bag too. In the default installation you have an application folder (/Root/Trash/(apps)); you can create your actions there, similarly to the default actions like Browse. This is the place for the Trash Bag applications either, you can create your own applications under /Root/Trash/(apps)/TrashBag.
Location of default views
By default, the trash bin and trash bag portlets use the following views:
- Trash Bin Browse page - a Content List Portlet with the following views:
- View frame: /Root/System/SystemPlugins/ListView/TrashFrame.ascx
- Default view: /Root/Trash/Views/Default.ascx
- Trash Bag Browse view:
You can customize the message box texts and appearance of the dialogs in the following view:
For the restore page there are 3 views depending on the state of the Restore Portlet:
- Browse view: /Root/System/SystemPlugins/Portlets/ContentRestore/Restore.ascx
- Notification messages or warnings: /Root/System/SystemPlugins/Portlets/ContentRestore/RestoreInfo.ascx
- Critical error: /Root/System/SystemPlugins/Portlets/ContentRestore/RestoreError.ascx
Workspace trash - from version 6.3
It is possible to provide a workspace-level trash for users. Deleted content in fact will still be moved to the global Trash (/Root/Trash) but users will be able to see content deleted from a particular workspace in a folder under that workspace. This functionality is practically a filter for the global Trash and can be accessed by creating a SmartFolder under the workspace. Place the SmartFolder anywhere under the workspace.
Properties of the SmartFolder:
- Folder name: anything - e.g. Workspace Trash
- Autofilters: disable
- Query: +InTree:'/Root/Trash' +TypeIs:TrashBag +WorkspaceId:@@CurrentWorkspace.Id@@
All content deleted under the workspace will be visible here and can be restored or deleted permanently. The deleted content are still accessible and restorable from the global Trash and all size and date settings are still applied.
You can find more information about configuring the Trash Bin in the following article:
There are no external references for this article.